Artificial hedges often provide your space with a relaxing, vibrant look. With time passing by, they may accumulate a layer of dust and suffer from spiders. Although plastic hedge products don’t require much maintenance, like any other surface indoors or outdoors, they need some regular cleaning to look their best.
Step 1 Prepare the following cleaning tools.
Two soft microfiber or cotton cloths
Mild detergent or gentle dish soap
Step 2 Dust the artificial hedges
Use a feather duster to remove dust and spider webs from the surface of artificial hedges.
Step 3 Further clean the artificial hedges
As for some tough dirt, grime, oil that you cannot easily wiping away by the feather duster, you need to choose non-abrasive materials to do a further cleaning.
1. Add a small amount of a mild detergent to lukewarm clean water
2. Fill the spray bottle with the water
3. Spray one soft cloth and gently scrub the foliage and panels
4. Rinse the residue away with clean, cool water
5. Dry it with another clean cloth
When it comes to how to clean outdoor artificial hedges for privacy and landscaping, it gets much easier.
1. Choose a warm day
2. Carefully adjust the hose nozzle to spray. If the pressure is too low, it may take more time and energy to get the job done. If the pressure is too high, artificial hedges may get damaged and it will also cause a waste of both water and money.
3. Spray foliage and panels from all directions thoroughly to remove dust and spiders.
4. Gently shake off the excess water.
5. Allow them to dry naturally.
Artificial hedges do have many benefits, and a little requirement of cleaning is one of them. For more tips on how to clean and maintain your artificial hedges, feel free to contact us.